- About the Firm
- Our Team
- Practice Areas
- Employment Contract Review
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Wage Claims
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Claims
- Reduction in Force Rif Mass Layoff Site or Branch Closing
- Retaliation in The Workplace
- Severance Agreements
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage & Hour Claims
- Whistleblower Claims
- Wrongful Termination
- Age Discrimination
- Caregiver Status Discrimination
- Criminal Background Discrimination
- Disability & Perceived Disability Discrimination
- Hostile Work Environment
- Marital Status Discrimination
- National Origin Discrimination
- New York City Human Rights Law
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Reasonable Accommodation
- Sex & Gender Discrimination
- Race & Color Discrimination
- Religion Discrimination
- Mediation & Arbitration
- Proceedings Before the EEOC
- Contact Us
- New York City's “Just Cause Law” For Restaurant Workers Is Being Challenged
- What Are The Employment Laws?
- How Do You Know If Someone Is Sexually Harassing You?
- What Are My Legal Rights As An Employee?
- Can You Sue Your Employer For Unfair Treatment?
- 3 Things That May Indicate a Hostile Work Environment
- New York City Appeals Court Confirms That Employers Must Engage in Rigorous Interactive Process
- Can Employers Require COVID-19 Testing?
- As New York Plans to Enter Phase 2, What Can Employees Expect When They Return to Work
- U.S. Supreme Court Holds That Title VII Protects Against LGBTQ Discrimination
- New York Repeals Civil Service Law §50-A, Making it Easier to Obtain Complete Document Production
- Employee Safety as Workplaces Re-open During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 and the Americans with Disabilities Act- The EEOC Issues Guidance on COVID-19 Testing
- "Thinly Veiled" Discriminatory Remarks Permitted to go to a Jury
- EEOC Issues Storing Statement About National Origin and Race Discrimination During COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 and Reopening NYC Part 4
- COVID-19 and Reopening NYC Part 3
- COVID-19 and Reopening NYC Part 2
- COVID-19 and Reopening NYC
- Unemployment Benefits in the Age of Coronavirus
- Your Rights Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act ("FFCRA")
- Disability Discrimination and COVID-19
- Hate Crimes on the Rise in NYC Due to COVID-19
- US Supreme Court Issues Decision For Age Discrimination Claims By Federal Workers
- New Enacted Key Protections For Employees in New York State
- Coronarvirus Racial Discrimination
- What Is the Difference Between Furlough & a Layoff Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Employee Rights in the Time of Coronavirus
- Jury Vindicates Concierge of Posh Residential Building Alleging Discrimination in Workplace
- Harvey Weinstein Sentenced to 23 Years in New York
- How to Know If You Are Eligible for Overtime Pay
- Woman Denied Job Over Prescription Drug Use; Was it Legal?
- What Teen Workers Need to Know About Sexual Harassment
- Workers Fired for Not Getting Well Fast Enough; Company on the Hook for $8.6 Million
- The So-Called Gig Economy: When Independent Contractors Are Really Employees
- When the ADA Does and Doesn't Cover Mental Illness
- Have You Been Forced Off the Job? What You Need to Know about 'Constructive Discharge'
- Millions More Workers Are Eligible for Overtime-Does the New Federal Rule Change Apply to You?
- Pregnant Woman Fired Because Boss Didn't Want to "Offend" Customers
- Woman Awarded $806K After Employer Wouldn't Address Complaints
- Are Missed Breaks Costing You Hundreds (or Thousands) of Dollars Every Year?
- African-American Staffers Collect $5.3 Million after Effigy of Black Worker Hung from Ceiling
- Can You Sue Your Boss for Being a Bully? What You Need to Know about Hostile Work Environments
- Can Worker Take More than 12 Weeks of Medical Leave? Court Says Yes
- Employer Headed to Jail After Falsifying Workers' Time Cards
- Company Refuses to Reinstate Worker After Injury, Despite Multiple Medical Clearances
- One Big Reason Why You Shouldn't Let Sexual Harassment Go Unchecked
- Can You Be Fired for Having to Care for a Sick Relative?
- Staffers Claimed a 'Wall of Testosterone' Stood Between Them and Equal Pay
- Can Pregnant Employees Be Forced To Take Leave?
- Age Discrimination Claim Survives Even Though Position Offered to Older Worker
- Braun Electric Settles Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
- Circumstantial Evidence of Age or Race Discrimination is Sufficient
- Sexual Harassment Happens Even Where Employees Should Know Better
- Gender Discrimination Happens To Men Too
- Favoritism Towards a Paramour is Not Gender Discrimination
- Microsoft Hit with $2 Million Judgment in Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Case
- Lewd Behavior and Comments Support a Sexual Harassment Claim
- Religious Symbols in the Workplace Lead to Discrimination Complaint
- EEOC Files Two Landmark Transgender Discrimination Suits
- New York Mets Hit With Pregnancy Discrimination Lawsuit
- Insensitive Comments Lead to National Origin Discrimination Lawsuit
- EEOC Settles Age Discrimination Case Only One Week After Suit Filed
- New California Law Requires Workplace Anti-Bullying Training
- Manager's Remarks Indicating Age Bias Critical to Age Discrimination Claim
- Wall St. Firm Hit By Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
- Fast Food Employee Cannot Sue Franchisor for Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Harassment by Employer's Customers is Illegal Too
- Stray Comments Can Be Smoking Gun in Age Discrimination Suits
- EEOC Taking Aim at Age Discrimination in Acadamia
- Social Media Post Almost Sinks Disability Discrimination Suit
- Retaliation Claim Can Succeed Even if Underlying Religious Discrimination Claim Fails
- A "Reduction in Force" of One Supports FMLA Retaliation Claim
- Sincerity of Religious Beliefs Relevant in Religious Discrimination Case
- Toyota Hit With Sexual Harassment and Retaliation Lawsuit
- Estimates for Intermittent Leave Under the FMLA Are Not Ironclad
- Food Lion Hit With Religious Discrimination Lawsuit
- People Magazine Sued for Racial Discrimination
- ADHD Diagnosis Not Sufficient for ADA Claim
- Disabled Workers Should Complete Interactive Process with Employer for Accomodation
- Legally Blind Worker Sues Home Depot for Requiring Smartphone Use
- Claim for Retaliation Not Barred Merely by Passage of Time
- Employer Unaware of Employee's Religious Beliefs Not Liable for Religious Discrimination
- Rampant Sexual Harassment at a Potato Company
- Signs of Racial Discrimination in the Workplace Often Subtle
- Employer Sued for Interfering with Employee's FMLA Rights
- Stray Remarks Can Be Crucial in Proving Age Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment and Workplace Affairs Often Go Together
- Schwartz & Perry Wins Motion in Racial Discrimination Case
- Requirement of Physician Certification for FMLA Leave Must be Properly Communicated to Employee
- Be Sure to Use Employer's Procedures for Sexual Harassment Investigations Before Bringing Suit
- Sex-Neutral Acts Relevant in Gender Discrimination Claims
- New Law in New York State Gives Interns Same Protections as Employees
- Company Counterclaims After Racial Discrimination Complaint
- Twitter Hit With Age Discrimination Suit
- Does "You Are Not a Team Player" Really Mean "You Are Too Old"?
- EEOC Releases New Enforcement Guidelines for Pregnancy Discrimination
- Is Statement By Employer That "You Don't Fit In" a Sign of Racial Bias?
- Dialysis Company Sued for Disability Discrimination
- Age Discrimination in the Court System?
- Sexual Harassment Claim for Secret "Upskirt" Photos
- NYC Western Themed Bar Gets a Bit Too Raunchy for Female Employees
- FMLA Leave Requests Not Required to State Expected Duration of Leave
- Dating Site Hit With Sexual Harassment Suit
- How Will the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby Decision Affect Workplace Discrimination Laws?
- Do Discrimination Law Protect Divorcing Workers?
- Nude Sunbathing at Work Not Recommended in Employment Discrimination Claims
- Pregnancy Discrimination at a Massage Parlor
- Is Reference to Your "Shelf Life" a Sign of Age Discrimination?
- Dept. Of Labor Proposes Rules Expanding FMLA Leave to Same Sex Couples in All States
- How Many Insults Does It Take To Prove a Racially Hostile Work Environment?
- Is an Alcoholic Truck Driver Qualified to Sue under the Americans with Disabilities Act?
- "Me Too" Evidence of Racial Discrimination Not Enough
- Disney Hit By Age Discrimination Lawsuit
- Sexual Harassment By Company President Leads to Lawsuit
- Is It Religious Discrimination if Employees Are Made to Say "I Love You"?
- Age Discrimination Can Affect Your Health
- How Many Racial Insults Are Needed to Demonstrate a Hostile Work Environment?
- Department of Homeland Services Loses National Origin Discrimination Case
- Pregnancy Discrimination Suit Brought by Employee Who Lost Work at Home Privileges
- Be Sure to Follow Company Policies Before Suing for Pregnancy Discrimination
- Is an Employer's "Men Only" Event for Its Customers Gender Discrimination?
- Medical Services Company Settles Disability Discrimination Suit
- Egregious Sexual Harassment and Retaliation at a Maryland Restaurant
- Age Discrimination in the Tech Industry
- Sexual Discrimination by Jilted Co-Worker
- Elliot Rodger's Manifesto and Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Chopped Winner Chops Employee
- Gender Stereotyping May Lead to Sexual Discrimination Claims
- Adverse Employment Action Required for Racial or Age Discrimination Claim
- Be Aware of Your Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employer Liable for Hostile Work Environment Created by Its Customers
- Sexual Harassment Claims and Lewd Pictures
- Is an Employer's Refusal to Allow Lactation at Work Pregnancy Discrimination?
- Can Leering Cause a Hostile Work Environment?
- Employment Discrimination and Social Media Passwords
- Is Obesity a Disability under the ADA?
- Are You Entitled to Telecommute if You Have a Disability under the ADA?
- Does the Americans With Disabilities Act Protect You If You Are Fired for Being Inebriated at Work?
- If You Are Disabled, Can You Be Fired for Stealing a Bag of Chips?
- Can't Sit For Long? You May Have a Disability Under the ADA
- Is It Gender Discrimination if Supervisor Solicits Employee's Wife for Sex?
- Men Can Be Subject To Gender Discrimination Too
- Can "Microaggressions" at Work be Evidence of Discrimination?
- If You Are an Unpaid Intern, Can an Employer Discriminate Against You?
- NYC New Paid Sick Leave Law Signed Into Law
- Sexual Harassment Doesn't Always Involve Sex
- Social Media Can Come Back and Bite You in Employment Discrimination Actions
- Is It Racial Discrimination if a Black Supervisor Uses Racial Slurs to Criticize a Black Subordinate?
- Schwartz & Perry Wins $1.33 Million Verdict Against UPS for Sexual Harassment
- Do You Have a Sexual Harassment Claim if Your Bosses's Less Qualified Paramour Gets Promoted Instead of You
- Can a Straight Guy Prevail in a Sexual Harassment Suit For Being Called Gay?
- Could You Have a Retaliation Claim After Being Fired for Reporting a Friend's Sexual Harassment?
- Steer Clear of Social Media If Contemplating a Wrongful Termination Suit
- Am I Entitled to Paid Sick Time if I Work for a Small Business?
- Are Temporary Disabilities Protected Under the Americans with Disabilities Act?
- Asians Are Subject to Employment Discrimination Too
- Be Sure There is a Causal Connection Between Your Protected Status and Your Termination
- The Pitfalls of Workplace Romance
- Could Michael Sam Have a Discrimination Claim Against His Future Team?
- Be Respectful in Emails to Supervisors
- Can an Employer Require Genetic Information as a Condition of Employment?
- Can Your Employer Wipe Your Personal Cellphone When You Are Terminated?
- Taking Time Off to Care for a Sick Relative
- Interesting NY Times Article on New Pregnancy Discrimination Law
- Physician's Role is Critical in Establishing a Disability Discrimination Claim
- Can You Sue for Discrimination if Your Employer Grants Your Request for a Transfer?
- Expanded NYC Sick Leave Laws Not Likely to Hurt Employers
- In Age Discrimination, Age is More Than Just a Number
- Be Careful When You Use Social Media to Complain About Work
- New Law Protects You From Retaliation for Taking Sick Time
- Can an Unpaid Intern Sue for Sexual Harassment?
- Cursing as Religious Discrimination
- Can Gossip be Considered Sexual Harassment?
- Can You Be Fired for Post Partpartum Depression?
- Can I Sue My Employer for a Hostile Work Environment?
- New Rights for NYC Pregnant Workers
- How Will The Supreme Court's Recent Decision Affect Sexual Harassment Victims in New York City
- Star Chef Paula Deen Fired by the Food Network for Using Racial Slurs
- New York State Senate Fails to Pass Gender Identity Discrimination Bill
- Brooklyn Starbucks Employee Sues for Sexual Harassment, Disability Discrimination, and Retaliation
- Employment Non-Discrimination Act Faces Significant Challenges in Congress
- Sexual Harassment Case Against Fast Food Chain Is Settled by E.E.O.C.
- Groundbreaking Sexual Orientation Discrimination Case Filed Against Exxon Corporation
- Sexual Harassment Victims Considering Claim Based on Cover-up
- Sexual Harassment and Disability Discrimination Case Filed Against Starbucks in Brooklyn Federal Court
- Schwartz & Perry Prevails in 2nd Circuit Appeal of Sexual Harassment Claim under the New York City Human Rights Law
- NYPD Allegedly Fires Woman for Refusing to Drop Sexual Assault Charges
- Minority Employees Catch Fishmonger in Race Discrimination Claim
- New York Woman Brings Sexual Harassment and Retaliation Claim Against the Staten Island Ferry
- Housekeeper in Manhattan Files Suit Against Billionaire after Refusing to Hire her Based on National Origin
- Boathouse Restaurant Faces Claims of Employment Discrimination Against its Workers
- EEOC Filings Show an Increase in Male-on-Male Sexual Harassment
- United States Supreme Court Expands Protections Against Retaliation to Third-parties
- Age and Gender Discrimination Suit Filed Against Major New York Bank
- EEOC Wins $1.26 Million Verdict for Female Employees in Sexual Harassment Case
- Employment Discrimination Claims Increase as Economy Worsens
- The New York Jets and Their Former Player Brett Farve Facing Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
- Hewlett-Packard Sued by Shareholders for Mishandling Alleged Sexual Harassment Matter
- New York Baseball Team's Newest Employees Are Both over 60 Years Old
- National Origin Suit Filed Against JP Morgan Chase
- Race Discrimination Case at New York City Hotel
- Goldman Sachs Settles Pregnancy Discrimination Lawsuit With Former Vice President
- Construction Company to Pay $125,000 to Settle Sexual Harassment Suit
- Fast Food Restaurant Owner Settles Sexual Harassment Law Suit
- Federal Gender Discrimination Law Suit Is Resolved
- McDonald's Settles Sexual Harassment Law Suit
- EEOC Asserts National Origin, Sexual Harassment and Retaliation Claims
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace Exists at All Levels
- New York Times Article Exposes Lurid Behavior in the Workplace
- Age and Gender Discrimination Suit Against Fox News
- Sexual Harassment Suit Commenced by the EEOC
- Football League to Investigate Sexually Explicit Photos
- Goldman Sachs Sued in New York City for Gender Discrimination
- EEOC Settles Sexual Harassment and Retaliation Claim
- Company Sued for Disability Discrimination and Retaliation
- Board Member Resigns After Sexual Harassment Texts
- Report on the Discriminatory Gender Pay Gap Issued by Federal Government
- EEOC Files Suit Regarding Mandatory Retirement Age
- EEOC Files Age and Sex Discrimination Suit Against New York and New Jersey Agency
- Race Discrimination Rejected in Appeals Court
- Discrimination Against Islamic Employees on the Rise
- Age Discrimination Class Action Suit in New York Has Settled
- New York State Employer Settles Racial Slur Case for $1 Million
- CEO Resigns Amid Inquiry into Inappropriate Relationship with Employee
- CENSUS BUREAU ACCUSED OF DISCRIMINATORY HIRING PRACTICES IN NEW YORK CITY
- Sexual Harassment Suit Filed Against New York City Police Department
- Job Loss, Unemployment, And The Economy
- New Law Makes Discriminatory Comments Easier To Admit In Court
- New York Gender Discrimination Suit Settles For $175 Million Dollars
- Pay Discrimination Remains A Major Workplace Issue
- New York City Police Department Sexual Harassment Case
- The United States Supreme Court Takes On Employer Liability
- Human Rights Protections In New York Under The Domestic Workers Bill Of Rights
- New York City Law Firm In Overtime Compensation Suit
- The Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act And Social Networking Sites
- Employer Liability In Discrimination Cases In New York City
- Congress Considers Amending The Age Discrimination In Employee Act
- Medical Status Discrimination As A Cause Of Action
- Sexual Harassment In New York City On The First Day Of A New Job
- Complaints Of Age Discrimination Increasing
- Age Discrimination Runs Rampant In The Workforce
- EEOC Settles Sex And Race Discrimination Claim
- Walmart And Novartis Case Will Motivate Victims Of Discrimination To Speak Out
- Wal-Mart's Long History Of Employment Discrimination Litigation
- Sexual Harassment And The New York City Police Department
- Sexual Harassment Against Teenage Employees
- New York City Human Rights Law Holds Employers Strictly Liable For A Supervisor's Conduct In Sexual Harrassment Cases
- Why We Do What We Do | Meet The Employment Lawyers at SPH
- What Exactly Is Sexual Harassment? | Ask An Employment Lawyer
- What Exactly Is Age Discrimination? | Ask An Employment Lawyer
- What Exactly Is Pregnancy Discrimination? | Ask An Employment Lawyer
- 5 Myths About Sexual Harassment | Ask An Employment Lawyer
- Workplace Retaliation Explained | Ask An Employment Lawyer
- How the Law Protects Hourly Employees | Ask An Employment Lawyer
- The FMLA Explained | Ask An Employment Lawyer
- Unconscious Bias On GMA | What Caused Lara Spencer's Prince George Gaffe
- Governor Cuomo Expands Worker Protections In New York State | Ask An Employment Lawyer
- How the Law Protects Workers in NYC | Ask an Employment Lawyer
- No HR Department? How To File A Sexual Harassment Complaint | Ask An Employment Lawyer
- Understanding Arbitration | Ask An Employment Lawyer
- What Exactly Is Disability Discrimination | Ask An Employment Lawyer
- Consent vs. Unwelcomeness in Sexual Harassment | Ask An Employment Lawyer
- The WARN Act Protects You From Sudden Layoffs | Ask An Employment Lawyer
- Basic Elements of an Employment Discrimination Claim
- Site Map