Your Trusted New York Employment Law Attorneys
Our experienced attorneys have spent decades representing victims of employment discrimination in all its many forms, including sexual harassment under the New York City, State and Federal employment laws. It is our strong passion about the importance of the laws against employment discrimination that allows us to provide skilled, effective, top-quality representation to our clients in any occupation.
Our Dedication Will Exceed Your Expectations
Our dedication to protecting the human rights of employees, the strong work ethic and determination of our attorneys, both in and out of the courtroom, has resulted in large settlements and jury verdicts. We have repeatedly been told by our clients that our efforts exceeded their expectations.
Schedule Your Consultation with our trusted New York Employment Lawyer at (646) 490-0221.
We Invite You to Learn More About Our Specific Practice Areas
Wrongful Termination Claims, Employment Discrimination Claims, including claims based on:
- Race and Color
- Gender and Gender Identity
- National Origin
- Sexual Orientation
- Disability and Perceived Disability
- Retaliation Claims – retaliation occurs when an employee is punished in some way for protesting employment discrimination. For example, if you are fired because you made of complaint of age discrimination, you may be the victim of retaliation in addition to age discrimination.
- Criminal Background and Fair Chance Act Claims – the law prohibits individuals from being excluded from consideration for jobs because of a criminal background. The Fair Chance Act provides that employers enter into a dialogue with candidates regarding their criminal background, only after an offer of employment has been made. This law does not guarantee a job but rather a fair chance to be considered.
- Sexual Harassment Claims – sexual harassment occurs when an employer makes unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature a condition of the employee’s continued employment or when such conduct has the effect of creating a hostile work environment for the employee. The results we have achieved in handling sexual harassment cases is unprecedented and has shaped the law in New York as it exists today.
Training – we provide training to small and mid-sized business so that they are in compliance with New York State and City regulations, such as mandatory sexual harassment training.
- Whistleblower Claims – if you have discovered that your employer is involved in illegal, fraudulent or other harmful misconduct and you are punished for protesting that conduct, you may be considered a whistleblower and have protections for the adverse action taken against you.
- Wage and Hour Claims – these claims are for unpaid wages owed to you for work you performed for your employer such as unpaid overtime, spread of hours, and minimum wage.
We represent our clients in various locations, including:
- State and Federal Court
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and other administrative agencies
Where you live is not as important as where you work for purposes of the law against employment discrimination. If you live in New Jersey or Connecticut but commute into New York for work, the attorneys at Schwartz Perry & Heller LLP can help you. Call us at 646-490-0221 today.