NYC Employment Discrimination Lawyer
Protecting Clients in New York Against Employment Discrimination
With 110 years of combined experience in the legal industry, our lawyers have built a reputation as successful advocates for employees in New York. If you have been the victim of illegal workplace discrimination, contact our New York City employment discrimination lawyers for aggressive advocacy. At Schwartz Perry & Heller LLP, we are dedicated to standing up for our clients' rights.
These are people who have experienced discrimination in various forms, such as:
- Age discrimination
- Pregnancy discrimination
- Sexual harassment
- Race and color discrimination
- Religious discrimination
- Wrongful Termination
Our labor lawyers will fight for wrongfully treated individuals who need help standing up for their rights. You can trust in the experience we offer to protect your interests in light of the employment discrimination you are facing.
Are you dealing with discrimination at work? Contact Schwartz Perry & Heller LLP today at (646) 490-0221 or contact us online to meet with our employment discrimination lawyer in NYC!
Examples of Employee Discrimination
At Schwartz Perry & Heller LLP, our labor lawyers will fight for wrongfully treated individuals. When it comes to a claim regarding discrimination, an employee must be subjected to misconduct and/or adverse employment actions because of their actual or perceived association with a protected characteristic, such as age, sex, gender identity, race, religion, etc.
Here are a few examples of how workplace discrimination can occur:
- An employee is automatically fired after requesting reasonable accommodation for a disability.
- An employee is demoted after reporting sexual harassment.
- Employees who reach a certain age over 40 aren’t considered for hiring or are pushed out of the company.
- Employees of a certain race aren’t provided with the same opportunities for advancement within a company.
- A company hosts exclusive leadership training sessions for members of one sex but not the other.
- A company policy compels employees to conform to dress codes that aren’t aligned with their gender identities.
- An employer bans employees of a specific faith from religious expression at work.
Should the spirit of any of the scenarios mentioned above seem to align with an experience that happened to you at work, reach out to our employment discrimination attorneys in New York for help?
At Schwartz Perry & Heller LLP, we are dedicated legal advocates for our clients. We can hold employers accountable for illegal misconduct and unfair treatment based upon one or more protected characteristics.
What Does an Employment Discrimination Attorney Do?
An employment discrimination attorney focuses on cases where employees have been treated unfairly or illegally based on their race, gender, age, disability, religion, or other protected characteristics. They are well-versed in the complexities of employment laws and are skilled at identifying whether an employer's actions can be considered discriminatory according to state and federal regulations. When representing victims of workplace discrimination, these lawyers can help in numerous ways.
An employment law attorney in NYC handling an employee discrimination case can provide a wide range of services, including:
- Case Evaluation: They provide an initial consultation to evaluate the merits of the discrimination claim based on the provided information and evidence.
- Guidance on Legal Rights: They advise victims on their rights under the various federal, state, and local laws against workplace discrimination such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the New York City Human Rights Law.
- Investigation: They conduct in-depth investigations into the allegations, including gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and analyzing employment records.
- Representation in Legal Proceedings: They represent the victim in all stages of the legal process, from filing an initial complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or state agency to representing the client in court proceedings, if necessary.
- Negotiation and Mediation: They negotiate settlements with opposing counsel and participate in mediation sessions to reach an amicable resolution before proceeding to trial.
- Litigation: If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful, they prepare and litigate the case in court, presenting evidence and arguments to advocate for the victim’s rights.
- Post-Litigation Support: They also provide post-litigation support such as helping the client to enforce the judgment and collecting the compensation awarded by the court.
If you believe you're suffering from workplace discrimination, don't hesitate to reach out to a discrimination attorney near you. They are committed to protecting your rights and ensuring you receive the justice you deserve. By retaining the services of an employment discrimination attorney, victims can feel empowered and confident in their fight for justice.
What is Workplace Harassment?
Harassment in the workplace can come in many forms and should never be tolerated. Workplace harassment is any unwelcome conduct that is based on a person's race, color, faith or creed; sexual orientation, gender identity or pregnancy status; country of origin; age (over 40); disability level; or genetic information. Workplace harassment is a form of discrimination and is illegal under federal and state law.
Contact Our Labor Attorney Today
Let us protect your rights as a worker in New York. Call Schwartz Perry & Heller LLP today to schedule a consultation with one of our award-winning NYC employment discrimination attorneys. With a history that includes many successful cases, you can have confidence in our ability to advocate for your rights. Let us stand up for you and your rights when it counts.
Contact our legal team today to find out what our New York employment discrimination lawyer can do to prepare you for the case ahead. We can hear your story during your initial consultation and help protect your rights. We take cases involving New York City Human Rights law and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Contact Schwartz Perry & Heller LLP today to schedule a FREE consultation with our NYC discrimination attorney today!